Please help maintain MarineParents.com Click the button to learn more.
SHOP FOR MARINE CORPS GIFTS! Click here for links to stores that support our projects.
Effective August 30, 2004: MarineParents.com, Inc. is an IRS 501(c)(3) public charity.
MarineParents.com is developed & supported entirely by our volunteers and private donations.
This section updated Thursday, July 5, 2007 ~ 17:03 CST
Deployment: Iraq: Embedded Reporters
I'm sad to report that I have lost my connection that was giving me updated lists of the embedded reporters, so it's now hit and miss and has become virtually impossible to keep track of reporters that are currently embedded with our Marines.
In light of that, we'll add to and edit this list when we get new information, but this should be viewed as an historical representation of embedded reporters rather than a current listing.
If you have the name of an embedded reporter with our Marines, please use the Contact Us Deployment Questions form to send the information to us and we'll get it added!
EMBEDDED LIST APRIL 24, 2004:
Download PDF File (1 page)
- November 7, 2004, LAR: Christian Science Monitor reporter Scott Peterson and Corbis photographer Stephanie Kuykendal are with the LAR in Iraq.
- 3/7, Ron Harris, St. Louis Post Dispatch
Ron was with the 3/7 last year. Ron did "Postcards from Kuwait" before the war started in March. He did an outstanding job keeping the parents, spouses, and families back home as informed as possible. We're looking forward to some more great reports Ron! Thanks for helping us out!
Click here for Iraq news from the St. Louis Post Dispatch.
- 3rd Batt/ 4th Marines David Jason Morris, Author: Arrives April 1, 2004
- 3rd Batt/ 4th Marines Julian Geoffrey Crittenden, Report for the Boston Herald: Arrives Late-March
- 3rd Batt/ 4th Marines Kuninori Takahashi, Cameraman for the Boston Herald: Arrives Late-March
He was with our Marines last year. His most famous photo from last year was 3/4 crossing the bridge, which made the cover of virtually every newspaper last year and is the feature photo on the back of The March Up. Some of his photos with 3/4 can be seen here: www.derrickjensen.com.
- 2/1 Darren Mortinson, reporter, and Hayne Palmour, photographer for the North County Times
North County Times staff writer Darrin Mortenson and staff photographer Hayne Palmour are traveling with Camp Pendleton Marines as they return to Iraq. Their coverage is collected at www.nctimes.com/military/iraq.
UPDATE MARCH 17, 2004: A new list from Marine wife Mary Beth; I'll work on adding links to the newspapers very soon. The date next to the name is the date they expect to attach to the unit and/or arrive in Iraq.
- 1stMarDiv CE/HQ Anthony Lee Perry LA Times Reporter April 1, 2004
- 1stMarDiv CE/HQ Steven Ritchey Stroud LA Times Cameraman April 1, 2004
- 2nd Batt/ 2nd Marines Eric Steinkopff Jacksonville Daily News Reporter April 1, 2004
- 2nd Batt/ 1st Marines Darrin D. Mortenson North County Times Reporter 3-Mar w/ 2/1
- 2nd Batt/ 1st Marines Hayne Palmour IV North County Times Cameraman 3-Mar w/ 2/1
- 1st Batt/ 5th Marines Robert David Kaplan Atlantic Monthly/Author Reporter March 11, 2004
- 1st Batt/ 5th Marines Eric Herbert Niiler KPBS, NPR Reporter April 1, 2004
- 2nd Batt/ 4th Marines Oliver North FoxNews War Stories Reporter Unknown
- 2nd Batt/ 4th Marines Christian Galdabini FoxNews War Stories Cameraman Unknown
- 2nd Batt 4th Marines Maurizio Gambarini Deutsche Presse Agentur Photographer April 1, 2004
- 3rd Batt/ 4th Marines David Jason Morris Author Author April 1, 2004
- 3rd Batt/ 4th Marines Julian Geoffrey Crittenden Boston Herald Reporter Late-March
- 3rd Batt/ 4th Marines Kuninori Takahashi Boston Herald Cameraman Late-March
- 2nd Batt/ 7th Marines Guillermina Fuentes (Gidget) Marine Corps Times Reporter 12-13 March
- 2nd Batt/ 7th Marines Michael Scott Mahaskey Marine Corps Times Cameraman 12-13 March
- RCT-7 Auberi Edler Gung Ho Productions Reporter Late-March
- RCT-7 Unknown Cameraman Gung Ho Productions Cameraman Late-March
- 3rd Batt/ 7th Marines Roger Dodge Billingsley Combat Films and Research Documentary Mid-April to May
- 3rd Batt/ 7th Marines Doug Howard Chamberlain Combat Films and Research Documentary Mid-April to May
- 3rd Batt/ 7th Marines Michael Max Phillips Wall Street Journal Reporter Late-April
- 3/7 and 3/24 Ron Harris St. Louis Post Dispatch Reporter March 8, 2004
- RCT-7 CE/ 3rd MAW Thomas Richard Berg Orange County Register Reporter April 1, 2004
- RCT-7 CE/ 3rd MAW Daniel Allen Anderson Orange County Register Cameraman April 1, 2004
2/1: Tony Perry with the LA Times
HAVE QUESTIONS? NEED HELP? CONTACT US!
Do you have have a question, request or need help? Use the scroll bar below to select your topic, then click the GO button for an email form. A MarineParents.com, Inc. volunteer will respond in about 24 hours.
No part of this web site may be altered, copied, reproduced or distributed without prior written permission. Visitors may print pages of the web site for your own reference. Distribution of printed pages is permitted with the MarineParents.com, Inc. logo, service mark(s) and trademark(s) intact.
Effective August 30, 2004: MarineParents.com, Inc. is an IRS approved 501(c)(3) public charity.
The authors do not guarantee the accuracy of information contained within the web site nor do the authors guarantee the accuracy of content in web sites that are linked to and referenced on this site. Content researched from other web sites or locations are so noted.
Neither the United States Marine Corps nor any other component of the Department of Defense has approved, endorsed, or authorized this service.
Official USMC links and web sites can be found at http://www.marineparents.com/USMC/usmc-links.asp
MarineParents.com, Inc. does not condone discrimination, seclusion or segregation with regard to race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex, age, disability or veteran status in employment or appointment nor in the educational programs or activities which it operates.
MarineParents.com, Inc., its service marks and trademarks are copyright to MarineParents.com, Inc.
The following are outreach projects of MarineParents.com, Inc. All logos, icons, trademarks and service marks are copyright to MarineParents.com, Inc.:
Purple Heart Hero Support™,
Gold Star Family Support™,
The Care Package Project™,
Devil Dog Chow™,
What's After Bootcamp™,
Devil Dog Families™,
Marine Parents Conference™,
FAVORITE USMC MARINE CORPS LINKS
Deployed Marines |
Marines in Iraq |
Marines in Afghanistan |
Support the Troops
Care Package Project |
Marine Care Package |
Marine Parents Inc
MCRD PI Parris Island Bootcamp USMC |
MCRD SD San Diego Bootcamp USMC |
Marine Recruit Parents
a Place to Connect & Share |
Marine Moms |
Marine Mothers |
Marine Dads |
Marine Corps Dad |
Marine Corps Father |
Marine Dads Online
Marine Parents |
USMC Parents |
Marine Corps Parents
Marine Fathers |
USMC Mothers |
Marine Moms and Dads
Make a Donation