This section is in development; I'll be adding to it as I research and find accurate information.
Be sure to also click the link above called "abbreviations" as that will give you pages for more information about the structure.
(I would like to thank the Marine Infantryman that called anonymously to correct my numbers in the regiment on Sept. 23, 2004. God Bless and Semper Fi!)
Structure of a Regiment: (Updated 9/23/2004)
- 4 Marines to a Fire Team (4)
- 3 Fire Teams to a Squad (12)
- 4 Squads to a Platoon (48)
- 3 Line Platoons and 1 Weapons Platoon to a Company (192)
- 5 Companies to a Battalion (960)
- 5 Battalions to a Regiment (4800)
NOTE: Field Artillery Units are not referred to as a Company; they are called a "Battery". As an example, E Btry 2Bn 11th MAR. You will know this is a Field Artillery Unit where "E" is the "Battery" rather than a company name.
7th Marine Regiment:
- 3/4: 3rd Battalion, 4th Marines (a/k/a Thundering Third)
(Includes the following companies: India, Kilo, Lima, Weapons)
- 3/7: 3rd Battalion, 7th Marines
- 3/11: 3rd Battalion, 11th Marines
- 2/7: 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines
- I believe H&S (Headquarters & Supply) is part of this as well, though they may be referred to as HQ, not to be confused with an HQ Platoon though.)