Now you can chat in real time to other Marine and recruit family members! Chat is open each evening. Volunteers will moderate and answer questions. Our 10 Posting Rules apply to the chat room.
See below for the chat night schedules and topics. Chat is open every evening both weeknights and weekends. Wednesdays are reserved for our Spanish-speaking family members.
¡Habla en tiempo real con otras personas! Chat en Español todos los miércoles por la noche. Programa de noches de chat y temas aquí. Inicie sesión para chatear en MarineParents.com.
Nuestra sala de chat para familiares de reclutas y familiares Marines de habla hispana está abierta todos los Miércoles por la noche de 8:00 p.m. a 10:00 p.m., hora del Este.
Chat Room Schedule
Our hope is the chat room will be our start of forming relationships and we will finally be able to meet in person when the COVID-19 pandemic has passed. But for now, we've got a place to connect & share®!
VOLUNTEERS: Our trained volunteers will be in the chat room each night to answer questions and moderate posts.
TOPICS: Each chat night is topic-specific. See below for topics by day of the week and month.
HOURS: The chat room will be open for two hours a night during the evenings as noted for each time zone below.
- 8-10 PM Atlantic Time
- 8-10 PM Eastern Time
- 7-9 PM Central Time
- 6-8 PM Mountain Time
- 5-7 PM Pacific Time
DAYS OF THE WEEK: Each stage of your Marine's career in the Corps has a specific day of the week for chat. Please respect the stages and participate during an appropriate stage or topic for your recruit or Marine. NOTE: Friday (Region-Specific) and Saturday is for family members with a Marine in ANY stage of the Corps. Days of the week and the stage for each follow:
- Sunday: SOI (MCT & ITB) and MOS
- Monday: Recruit (Boot Camp)
- Tuesday: Fleet & Reserves
- Wednesday (Miercoles): Español Recruit & Marine
- Saturday: All Stages
- 1st Thursday of the month:
After the Corps (families w/ veterans)
- 2nd Thursday of the month:
Officer Candidate School (includes OCS & TBS)
- 3rd Thursday of the month:
Poolee Night (Pre-Boot Camp)
- 4th Thursday of the month:
Recruit Medical (RSBN/MRP)
Friday Night Groups by STATES
Friday nights will be for groups of Marine Corps families by state and grouped into regions.
See the your state region by color below on our USA map.
1st Friday of the Month:
- REGION 1: West North West (Green)
- REGION 2: West (Purple)
2nd Friday of the Month:
- REGION 3: South West (Pink)
3rd Friday of the Month:
- REGION 4: Mid States (Blue)
4th Friday of the Month:
- REGION 5: North East (YELLOW)
- REGION 6: South East (RED)
10 Rules for Posting in Chat
All posts are moderated before posting in the chat room to ensure OPSEC/PERSEC compliance.
- This is a Place to Connect & Share® as Marine Corps families. Join the group only if you meet the criteria. Stay on topic. Support is encouraged; kindness is required; bullying and vulgarity are not permitted. Everyone needs to feel safe while sharing.
- Posts and comments violating OPSEC or PERSEC are not permitted. Being part of this group requires mutual trust; what is said in the group stays in the group. Respect your own privacy and respect the privacy of others, your family, and your recruit or Marine.
- Respect USMC personnel privacy, safety and chain of command. Posts about USMC business or contact information for USMC personnel are not permitted. Let the Marine Corps run the Marine Corps; when the USMC shares it, we can share it.
- Advertising, soliciting, fundraising or spamming are not permitted. Posts and comments mentioning other services, organizations, businesses, solicitation, fundraising, or spam will be removed and the member in violation will be removed from the group.
- Posts or comments which include social media groups other than Official MarineParents.com Facebook Groups are not permitted. We discourage PMs; requests to PM group members are not permitted. Moderators and Admins for like-groups will be removed from our groups.
- Links, websites, news, or articles deemed inappropriate, off-topic, or in violation of our posting rules are not permitted. News MUST be from established sources. Links to websites deemed in competition with the organization or the EGAshop.com are not permitted.
- Posts or comments about military incidences/casualties are not permitted until the military, USMC or Department of Defense has released an official notice. It is NOT important for group members to be "First to Know". The FAMILY MEMBERS must be the first to know.
- Posts in violation of copyright are not permitted. Photos and videos in violation of our posting rules are not permitted. Personal photos of a Marine in uniform with a weapon, or recruits in training exercises or drill (except at graduation), are not permitted.
- Posts or comments about politics jeopardize the support atmosphere and are not permitted. Posts and comments with a call to action deemed in violation of our posting rules are not permitted. Those agendas simply do not belong in our groups.
- We've been helping Marines and their family members as a non-profit since 2003. We will make posts about our good works. We will ask for donations. We will ask you to shop in our store, EGAShop.com where 85% of our income is derived. Please help us help others.
West North West