Contact & About Us
Volunteer Positions Available
Updated July 11, 2012:
For more information about any of the position listed below, please contact MarineParents at MP@MarineParents.com or to apply by using the link in the top right link box labeled "Online Application".
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
The position below requires a commitment to volunteer a specific number of hours each week as well as successful completion of extensive training. Training is provided in an online environment.
Marine Family Network (MFN) Moderators
Marine Family Network Moderators need to commit to 7-10 hours per week, with a minimum 7-months commitment. In addition, basic computer and internet knowledge is required. Applicants should know how to use search engines for research, work within windows and be able to copy and paste. Applicants should also be comfortable training and working in an on line environment by means of electronic communication. Reading announcements and participation in business forums is required.
- Participation in a variety of forums with a demonstrated history of supporting members is required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Must possess the ability to offer positive, supportive and enthusiastic topic-related conversation in a chat environment.
- Must be trained in military Operations Security (OpSec) and MarineParents.com security and guidelines.
- Knowledge of commonly used Marine Parents web site links is strongly preferred.
- For recruit parents moderators, your recruit must be graduated from bootcamp.