Statements of Use
Internet Safety, Privacy and Scams
Policy on Links To and From the Websites
Linking to MarineParents.com Websites.
Organizations and individuals (the site owner) are encouraged to link to MarineParents.com information. Advance permission is not required before linking. Links should be made using the appropriate base URL of www.marineparents.com or such other URL as the organization may use for outreach programs. Because MarineParents.com may change subpages at any time without notice, the site owner should routinely verify links to organization subpages.
Click here for "Link to Us" code.
What Site Owners May Not Do in Linking to MarineParents.com Websites.
- Site owners may not capture MarineParents.com pages within the site owner's frames, present MarineParents.com Web site content as that of the site owner, otherwise misrepresent the content of the MarineParents.com pages or misinform users about the origin or ownership of the content of the MarineParents.com Web site.
- Any link to a MarineParents.com site should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to the MarineParents.com site unencumbered. The BACK button should return the visitor to the site owner's site if the visitor wishes to back out.
- Although the content of MarineParents.com Web sites is available to the public, certain information on some MarineParents.com Web sites may be trademarked, service marked, or otherwise protected as MarineParents.com's intellectual property, and all MarineParents.com content is protected by federal copyright laws.
- Use of protected intellectual property must be in accordance with federal and state law and must reflect the copyright, trademark, service mark or other intellectual property ownership of MarineParents.com. Site owners should not link to individual MarineParents.com graphics or tables within MarineParents.com pages, especially in an effort to place the downloading burden on the MarineParents.com servers.
- Site owners should contact MarineParents.com to request permission to use a copy of MarineParents.com's graphics within the site owner's pages.
Links from any MarineParents.com Website.
- Links from MarineParents.com websites are provided for convenience and information only, and MarineParents.com assumes no responsibility for their content.
- MarineParents.com reserves the right to link to external websites that MarineParents.com feels provide a service to its members.
- MarineParents.com makes all efforts to ensure these links to open in new browser windows.
- All requests for links from MarineParents.com websites must be submitted to MarineParents.com staff. Each request will be reviewed under the provisions listed in the Website Links Policy.
- The Website Links Policy guidelines include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Non-commercial information relevant to MarineParents.com members, Marines, or those who are engaged in providing non-profit services to Marines and their families.
- Commercial links with a stated commercial purpose will be refused unless contracted as paid advertising. Links to paid advertising will be so noted.
- MarineParents.com reserves the right to refuse any link request without condition.
- MarineParents.com also reserves the right to remove posted links on MarineParents.com websites without condition. Specific conditions include, but are not limited to, if the website or website sponsor's:
- Is engaged in any unlawful activity
- Is engaged in any activity incongruous with MarineParents.com's mission
- Is engaged in the sale, promotion, or display of pornographic material
- Exhibits or promotes hate, bias, discrimination, libelous, or defamatory content
- Offer invasive or intrusive advertising, such as, but not limited to, continuous pop-up windows with advertising, even if it is for products or services provided by the website to which the link pointed
- MarineParents.com will also not link to any website or sponsor where such link will violate MarineParents.com's status as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation.
- MarineParents.com will not link to any website furthering the political agenda or candidacy of any candidate running in any organization or agency.
- Links may also be removed for the following reasons:
- The link no longer points to the original information or resource to which it was intended to point;
- The website pointed to by the link contains inaccurate or misleading information or has changed such that it is no longer in compliance with the acceptance criteria;
- The web site pointed to by the link violates the conditions for link maintenance;
- Access to the information has become difficult due to non-standard formatting, lengthy download times or intrusive advertising; or
- The link is permanently unreachable or remains unavailable for a lengthy period.
- MarineParents.com and the Board of Directors reserves the ultimate right to refuse or permit any website link, irrespective of the above policy.
For questions and concerns regarding the linking policy, e-mail info@MarineParents.com.
To request a link be placed from any MarineParents.com website to an external website, please fill out a Website Link Request form and send the completed form to MarineParents.com by any one of the following methods:
Note: The Website Link Request form can be found on the "Contact Us" page or Click here for the Website Link Request form.
- Email to info@MarineParents.com
- Print and mail to:
PO Box 1115
Columbia, MO 65205