Ten Rules for Posting on Facebook
Rule #1: Remember Our Mission & Be Kind
Rule #2: OPSEC, PERSEC, Respect, & Privacy
Rule #3: Marine Corps Privacy & Business
Rule #4: No Advertising, Soliciting or Fundraising
Rule #5: Other Social Media & PMs
Rule #6: Links, Websites, News, & Articles
Rule #7: Military Incidences & Casualties
Rule #8: Copyright, Photos, & Videos
Rule #9: No Politics or Calls to Action
Application and Examples
- Posts containing information or references to information which your Marine or recruit may have shared with you about Marine Corps business, a recruit training situation, unit or platoon morale, successes or failures of a unit in training and/or on missions, or specific scores or statistics of a unit may not be shared.
- During recruit training, the successes of a platoon may be shared once the information has been made public by USMC personnel.
- Posts specifically bringing negative attention to the Marine Corps or your recruit/Marines experience are not permitted.
- Posting personal information, names, ranks or contact information for Marine Corps personnel or Deployment Readiness Coordinators (DRC) is not permitted.
- When allowed by the Marine Corps, contact information for USMC personnel will be published on the primary web site, MarineParents.com and the Unit Information Pages(UIPs).
- Complaints about the chain of command or the command of a Marine or recruit will not be allowed when the complaint is being posted by someone other than the person directly affected by the complaint.